Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 2001)

Subject: Re: What to do about HTML-only email?
From: Adam Bailey <adamb @ lull . org>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:11:34 -0600
To: <List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM>

On 2/13/01 12:40 PM, J C Lawrence <claw@kanga.nu> wrote...

>On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:34:35 -0500
>Charlie Summers <charlie@lofcom.com> wrote:
>
>> (*sigh*) First AOL 6.0 is brain-dead enough not to PERMIT sending
>> plain-text email, but now MSN Companion (those silly little web
>> appliances) joins in.
>
>Yes, this is sad.  Happily AOL and MSN account for less than 5% of
>my subscriber base, and around 1% of my posters so I've not had to
>face this problem much.

Your subscriber base doesn't represent the demographic of the Internet.
Most list owners see AOL and Hotmail as their two top subscriber groups.

>(Oddly enough two of the more active AOL posters (ie just above
>lurkers) post straight text messages with no HTML -- I haven't
>looked to see how they do this).

They're probably not using AOL 6.

--
Adam Bailey    | Chicago, Illinois
adamb@lull.org | Finger/Web for PGP

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: What to do about HTML-only email?